Monday, September 1, 2014

Top 6 All-time Favorite Pieces

Alrighty, So I personally think that my work is best when I do it for someone else or when I try to emulate something else.... therefore, I've chosen these six pieces because they meant something to me when I made them, there was a sense of accomplishment attached to each piece. They may not be up to par with Da  Vinci or Milton Glaser, but they are very much a piece of my soul. 


Number 6

Harper was the beginning of a 30 day Monster Girls drawing challenge, so this sketch was the essence of detail, texture and ferocity that I wanted. She was the start of many of my favorite sketches. 


Harper Harpie
8.5 in x 11 in
Graphite pencil

Number 5

A cultural twist on an old favorite, this is my version of the Pied Piper, except hes a Guatemalan anteater leading the antlings out of Esquipulas, old town Guatemala. 

The Pied Anteater
9 in x 15 in
acrylic paint and Prisma color pencil

Number 4

A media sampler combining two unlikely things, can you guess what I picked?

Octo-brella
each 4 in x 6 in
acrylic paint, prisma color pencil, pen and ink, graphite pencil, gauche, and ink wash

Number 3

Now this work, was one I designed as a two- part gift, originally this was a hand drawn portrait of my best friend, as a panda that I later on turned digital to order as a t-shirt through Busteedtees. He still wears the shirt on a regular basis


Dexter the Panda
original size 5 in x 8 in
Adobe Illustrator

Second runner up

This one is pretty straight forward. i thought it would be a cute idea, so i made it.


Coco-nutty
8.5 in x 11 in
Adobe Illustrator

Numero Uno

This was the first self portrait I not only loved but enjoyed doing; it was also the first time my curly hair came as an advantage for texture.

My curly self
10 in x 14 in
Adobe Illustrator (Bodoni MT and Minion Pro typefaces)
Well, there you have it! If you liked anything or want to know more, let me know :]


No comments:

Post a Comment